Here’s an easy, quick, healthy, yet tasty way of preparing and eating your greens.
Time: start to finish it only take 20 minutes!
Servings: 4 to 6 (side dish) servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, stems peeled, then head cut into 2-inch-wide spears
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook broccoli in a steamer rack over boiling water in a large wide pot, covered, until stems are just tender when pierced with a knife, 8 to 12 minutes. Remove steamer from pot and discard cooking water. Cool broccoli 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in pot over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook almonds, stirring, until butter and nuts are golden and have a nutty aroma, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add broccoli and toss.
Per serving, based on four servings (nutritional analysis provided by Nutrition Data):
194 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated), 29mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 6g protein.
26% RDI of vitamin A
229% RDI of vitamin C
194% RDI of vitamin K
Now isn’t that good!
This recipe is from Gourmet Magazine, December 2007.
- Recipe of the Week: Eggplant Cannelloni
- Recipe of the Week: Monkfish with Ratatouille
- Pomegranate juice increases quality and quantity of Sperm!
- Almonds: What is going on?
- Coffee Enemas and Detoxing
- Vitamin C – Protecting you from the common cold?
- Bold Sole Sista
- Is canned fish good for the heart?
- Acid and Alkaline Food Diet, Part 2