This looks SOO yummy I had to share it as ‘Recipe of the Week’.
Servings: Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) roasted red peppers, drained
- Juice of 1 orange (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 kalamata olives, pitted and minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots and garlic until soft, about 1 minute. Reduce heat. Cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Add peppers and juice; bring to a boil. Lower heat; simmer until peppers are soft, about 5 minutes. Cool. Puree in a blender. Pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Coat eggplants with cooking spray and broil on a baking sheet until golden on both sides, about 15 minutes. Heat oven to 400°F. Mash cheese, olives, capers and 1 tablespoon of the parsley in a bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of filling at the end of each eggplant slice; roll up. Lay seam side down in dish. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 259 calories, 10.7 g fat (4.7 g saturated), 32 g carbs, 10.8 g fiber, 10.5 g protein (analysis provided by SELF)
24% RDI of vitamin A
165% RDI of vitamin C
28% RDI of Iron
54% RDI of vitamin K
Now isn’t that good!
This recipe is from SELF, November 2007.
- Recipe of the Week: Monkfish with Ratatouille
- Recipe of the week: Broccoli Almondine
- Vitamin C – Protecting you from the common cold?
- Bold Sole Sista
- Fructose and Fat gain Study
- Patients die after taking probiotics!
- Coffee Enemas and Detoxing
- Bold Sole Sista Part 2
- Is canned fish good for the heart?